Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How it All Started

I should mention that I've been interested in the so-called "paranormal" since I was a little kid. I know that a lot of people of above average intelligence find such topics fascinating, but I think it started for me earlier than most. I remember searching out UFO readers and Fortean Times-type magazines when I’d go to the grocery store with my mom. For some reason that kind of stuff just engulfed my being - it felt like I was SUPPOSED to study that kind of thing for an as of yet unknown reason. Then while I was in elementary school (4th or 5th grade, I can’t remember exactly) I had my first personal paranormal experience. It came as just a fleeting thought that passed through my mind. I knew that my own mind hadn’t generated the thought but I had no clue as to the source. It was pretty strange but even then I knew better than to tell anyone of my experience because a) people wouldn’t believe me, and b) the content of the thought implied things that EVERYONE would have very strong opinions about. So I just left it alone and held it close to my chest for the next 30 years.

I won’t go into specifics about what the thought was here (you can email me at BexNJRocks@gmail.com with the subject of “divine” if you want to be emailed the specifics) but trust me - it was not something that I would have thought of my own volition. It would be an overstatement to say that I was brought up in a non-religious family. Even though our mother did force us to attend multiple different churches so that we would at least be exposed to the ideas, my mother herself proudly self identified as an atheist (although as I grew older I found that she was more correctly classified as an agnostic). As for myself, I tasted the Christian beliefs and just as quickly spit them out. Even at a young age I found them to be unlikely at best and downright mean spirited at worst. So I would have to say that I arrived at my own spiritual beliefs about as organically as is humanly possible. Much deep thought and soul searching (literally) led me to the belief that there was most likely a creator, very unlikely a place called Hell and maybe, just maybe, a guy named Jesus (or more accurately, Yeshua). While the existence of angels, a devil, Noah’s Ark, etc. were matters to be determined at a later date.

So as I said in an earlier post I was raised on science. I loved it, I studied it, I fully embraced it. It seemed so pure and unimpeachable. So it was with much trepidation that I jumped head first into the world of spiritual belief (I don’t need to use the term “faith” because my wife and I were SHOWN the truth in no uncertain terms). I must say that in some respects I was a bit disappointed. I was so sure that the physical universe and all of its life and beauty and horror could be brought into existence with a few plausible, if unlikely, twists of natural fate. So when I found out that it hadn’t, I must say I went through a period of mourning. I wasn’t sad that God existed, I was just disheartened that all of the believers, and thumpers, and freaks that I had argued with throughout my life had been, if not completely correct, at least right enough that I felt that I would owe them an apology if I ever ran into them again. Ugh...

Anyway, I guess I’m rambling a little bit. But I want to give my readers (assuming I ever get any :-) an idea of where I’m coming from when I unleash my sometimes overly confident knowledge of how things are, how things work, and why humanity is currently in the predicament that it is in. Anyway I hope people read this blog and are ready for the truth that is coming….cuz it is a-coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment